Welcome to the OpenShift Developer Spotlight where we get to know the members of the OpenShift community a little better and show off their skills as developers.
Interested in being featured? Apply here or view past entries.
What is your primary Development Language?
Which technology are you most interested in right now?
What motivated you to host your application on openshift?
I needed this functionality for a few side projects and but I didn't want to pay
for a full blown SaaS website monitoring solution. I wanted something fast, free,
and extensible. I found the opensource uptime project and it seemed like a good
fit for OpenShift. After I injected some OpenShift Environment variables into
the application and renamed some files, it worked like a charm. As a
quickstart/instant app, I think it will offer a lot of value to users as it
runs great on OpenShift Online's free tier.
What are the most compelling features of openshift?
- Speed to live (code -> deploy -> innovate)
- Not having to care about infrastructure.
- It's Open Source!
What are some features you'd like to see in future releases of OpenShift?
None really. Would be great if it was faster.
Tell us more about your application currently hosted on openshift:
- Name: Uptime
- What does it do? Uptime is a remote monitoring application using Node.js, MongoDB, and Twitter Bootstrap. It provides statistics for uptime and responsiveness for websites and can alert on events via e-mail.
- What technologies were used to create your app? Node.js, MongoDB
- Links for source code: Uptime on OpenShift, Uptime upstream project