Over 100+ companies will be in attending next week’s OpenShift Commons Gathering which is co-located with KubeCon and CloudNativeCon in Seattle at the Washington State Convention Center. The OpenShift Commons Gathering brings together experts from all over the world to discuss real implementations of container technologies, best practices for cloud native infrastructure and the upstream projects that make up the OpenShift ecosystem.
This OpenShift Commons Gathering features case studies by users with production deployments including GE Digital, HealthPartners, Progressive, Ticketmaster, USAA, and Vattenfall. You can also hear from Kubernetes project leads who will be giving updates and deep dives into the current and future releases of OpenShift, OKD, Kubernetes, Operators, Knative, Istio and more. Industry thought leaders from Google, IBM, Intel, and Nvidia will be there as well to weigh in on Serverless, Bare Metal, Machine Learning and GPU enablement on OpenShift.
Check out the full agenda & be sure to add the Gathering to your KubeCon registration today.
Tech Preview of Things to Come at Kubecon
We like to think of OpenShift Commons Gathering as your personal prequel to the Kubecon event. It’s your chance to connect with your peers, get a heads up on many of the announcements and hot topics that will be further explored in the following days at Kubecon. You’ll get to meet and ask questions of many of the key thought leaders and contributors to Kubernetes and related upstream projects who will be in attendance and speaking on stage during the Gathering.
Upstream Highlights at the OpenShift Commons Gathering include:
- Knative, Kubernetes, Istio: A New Cloud Stack? Panel with Mark Chmarny (Google) , Paul Morie (Red Hat) , Klaus Deissner (SAP) , Idit Levine (Solo.io) , Doug Davis (IBM)
- State of the Operators: Framework, SDKs, and beyond with Red Hat’s Sébastien Pahl and Rob Szumski
- Deep Learning on OpenShift with Nvidia GPUs with Tripti Singhal (Nvidia) and Tushar Katarki (Red Hat)
- Case Study: Secrets Management on OpenShift @ USAA with Ankur Lamba (USAA)
- OpenShift on OpenStack Case Study: Vattenfall - Sustainable Data Centers with Max Schulze (Vattenfall)
Red Hat Session Highlights at Kubecon
Once you’ve digested all the updates from the OpenShift Commons Gathering, you’ll be better able to plot your course through the ~170 sessions at Kubecon itself. We also have 40+ Red Hat-led sessions, panels, and workshops that you should be sure to add to your schedules.
Make sure to check out some of these key Red Hat-led talks:
- 5 Years of etcd: Past, Present & Future: Brandon Philips (CTO, CoreOS, Red Hat) & Xiang Li (Senior Staff Engineer, Alibaba)
- Exploring Application Portability Across Public Cloud Providers Using K8s - Erin Boyd & Ivan Font, Red Hat
- Why Data Scientists Love Kubernetes - Sophie Watson & William Benton, Red Hat
- Stories About Kubernetes Beginnings That You’ve Never Heard - Brian Grant, Principal Engineer & Tim Hockin, Principal Software Engineer, Google & Clayton Coleman, Architect, Kubernetes and OpenShift, Red Hat
- Deep Dive: Operator Framework - Diane Mueller & Sebastian Pahl, Red Hat
- Maturing Kubernetes Operators: Rob Szumski (OpenShift Product Manager, Red Hat)
Check out the full list of Red Hat sessions here.
Then Get Hands-On and Meet Red Hatters at Kubecon at our Booth
We'll have engineers who can answer your questions about OpenShift, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CoreOS, Eclipse Che, Operators, Operator Framework and more. Come by the booth for hands-on demos and tutorials on Red Hat OpenShift. Also drop by the Rook booth, co-sponsored by Red Hat, and chat with our Ceph contributors. We're all looking forward to meeting users and contributors from the Kubernetes and other upstream Cloud Native communities. So as soon as the expo opens on Tuesday, swing by booth D1 and come talk to us! Learn more about the numerous Red Hat activities you can expect to see and be a part of at KubeCon in December.
See you in Seattle!